There were a couple of hard questions in the trivia contest this year. Several people tried, but no one person got all of the answers. The closest contestant missed a couple questions. In fact, nobody was able to answer one particular question! The soap that Ralphie was commenting on was "Palmolive". So the winner, with the most correct answers is sidetracksusie! She wins "The Secret Life Of Cows", and I will be contacting her to get a physical address to send it to. The answers are now displayed on the original Christmas Trivia post.
Thanks for playing!
Podcast: Play in new window | Embed
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
It's getting wintery here on the farm. The weather is colder and the days are shorter. I often find myself feeding the cows in the dark. Sometimes I wonder why I chose to raise black cows, as white ones would be easier to find in these conditions. Of course if I switched, they would escape during a blizzard!
With Christmas just around the corner, I would like to offer up a little holiday cheer... A Christmas Trivia Contest! You can win a gift for yourself, or to give away this Christmas. Send me an email (or click "Contact Me") with the answers to the following questions. The first person to get them all correct will win a copy of Glen Wexler's humorous book, "The Secret Life Of Cows".
- What traditional Christmas plant is from the genus Viscum? Mistletoe
- In "How The Grinch Stole Christmas", what was the Grinch's dog's name? Max
- What was the angel's name in "It's A Wonderful Life"? Clarence
- Name the Christmas song that contains the lyrics "Disperse the gloomy clouds of night". "O Come, O Come, Emmanual"
- In "A Christmas Story", what did Ralphie want for Christmas? Red Ryder BB Gun
- Who originally sang and released "Rudolph The Red-Nose Reindeer"? Gene Autry
- Which major department store created Rudolph? Montgomery Wards
- In the original Christmas song with the Chipmunks, what did Alvin want? Hula Hoop
- What are Marsh-Whorts? Cranberries
- Being a connoisseur of soaps, which one did Ralphie claim had "a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor... heady, but with just a touch of mellow smoothness"? Palmolive
- A day or to ago, I thought I'd take a ride... With who? Miss Fanny Bright
- In "A Christmas Carol", Who is Tiny Tim's father? Bob Cratchett
- We can pretend the snowman is a preacher... Who? Parson Brown
- The snap of a few sparks, a quick whiff of ozone, and WHAT blazed forth in unparalleled glory? Leg Lamp
- What "Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below"? Moon on the breast of the new fallen snow
- The singer who lent his bass voice to the Grinch song was better known as the voice of which animated, cereal pushing, character? Tony The Tiger